American Road Cycling

[ Home | Rides | Chatter Box | Comics | About | Fees | Join | Members | FAQContact | Dedication ]

Members Mail Answered

From:     Kathleen Krumme, Oakley Cycles, Cincinnati, Ohio
Subject:  Comments submitted on membership form, 4/26/2005

Original Submittal:

1. I joined because I enjoyed reading about how Paul sacrificed his body in order to save his bike.

2. Did Paul become the number one Ottrott dealer in the world by passing his friends on the right? Is that why they all wear "I Hate Paul Latrine" jerseys? Does he hang around in emergency rooms with a Size Cycle and goniometer?

Response:

<<
> I joined because I enjoyed reading about how
> Paul sacrificed his body in order to save his bike.

Paul's body is nothing to look at. His bike is built much better. He made the right choice.

<<
> Did Paul become the number one Ottrott dealer
> in the world by passing his friends on the right?

No. Paul became the number one Ottrott dealer in the world because the bikes are so good they sell themselves. Really a chimp could sell them. He just happened to hear about them first, then he came up with an actual "fit process" that makes sense. Dumb luck, actually. He also has gotten a lot of mileage out of the fact that Ben Serotta hasn't killed him yet.

<<
> Is that why they all wear "I Hate Paul Latrine" jerseys?

Everybody wears Paul's jerseys because Ridgebury Prime jerseys are in such short supply. The other reason is because everybody hates Paul. You will hate him too once you get to know him better.

<<
> Does he hang around in emergency rooms with a
> Size Cycle and goniometer?

Not any more. He has already sold an Ottrott to every doctor in the tri-state area. Also the female nurses were getting tired of his cycling stories. Once they realized he was merely recounting stories about Humberto and Iron Mike Norton (as if they were about himself), they dropped Paul cold—just like all the riders around here do.

Anyway, what is this Oakley Cycles nonsense? Are people just supposed to get on their bikes and ride willy-nilly around the streets in Cincinnati? If so, American Road Cycling supports that, so here's another link: Oakley Cycles.

- SlingShot
(the one whom Dr. Art based a character in Road Rash Comics on)

Editor's Note: Links to Oakley Cycles were removed 01/24/07, because the site started grabbing your pointer and not letting go.

this page last updated:
02/01/2015 10:38:48 PM

A Def Unc T Publication